Sunday, June 12, 2011

The most awful crawfish ever and a cute bento!

I'll go ahead and admit it...

Everyone once in awhile, I fail and fail hard. This crawfish dish was utter and complete failure. I was raised outside of New Orleans, so I'd like to think I know what good crawfish are and are not and believe you me these were possibly the worst crawfish I ever put into my mouth. 

Let me put it to you this way...I ate one.

So here is my cautionary tale: Don't buy ready made crawfish from Kroger! YUCK!

Anyways- they did LOOK pretty!
















Thankfully the side dishes were enough to fill us up (hubbers did actually EAT those crawfish btw, but he has an uneducated crawfish pallet lol) and there was even enough left overs for a mighty cute bento for hubbers tomorrow.  The only thing I had to do was fry up a little left over sausage dog from lunch to give him some protein.

Please note the creepy bear lurking in the kiwi fruits. :)





















PS My daughter says hi. And if you can't tell by her expression, she also thought the crawfish sucked. :)














No comments:

Post a Comment